Friday, April 21, 2006

Skating's Next Star! :)

My wonderful coach from NYC, Emanuele Ancorini, is on a skating reality TV competition show called Skating's Next Star.

Sadly as of this posting, he was eliminated at this week's show. He was one of the last 4 skaters. The competition was supposed to be a guy and a girl getting cut each week, with the finale being that a guy and a gal was supposed to go against each other in the finale. Well, the judges couldn't make a decision which girl to cut and they liked the girls better than the guys, so they said "Screw the guys!" Both Emanuele and Dusty (who I think is the male "DIVO") were cut.

I already emailed him about this, but...I'm proud of Emanuele for making it as far as he did in this comp! I could only dream of skating half as beautifully as he does someday. (Actually, both him and Edward actually. Edward also has gorgeous edges and form to DIE FOR... but I digress....) When I think of Emanuele's skating, he's the ROCK STAR of figure skaters!!!

The most interesting experience I have regarding this show is having to read about all the blog entries about Emanuele being "a hottie!" Yes, he's a beautiful man (both inside AND out... I've felt very comfortable with him when I'm with him.) It's weird for me to get into the "he's a hottie" thing simply b/c he's my coach. Then again, I've long since talked myself into believing that 1) I'm married and I'm here for my husband's family, 2) he's my coach and I have professional guidelines to follow, 3) even if we'd just met and we both were single, he's WAAAAAAAY out of my league -- he would never be interested in a girl like me and 4) His life and work is in NYC. Mine is here in the San Francisco Bay Area! 5) I need a great skating coach and friend more than I need a man at this time in my life!!! :-P

But I want him to know (if he's reading this) that I've always had great respect and care for him. But with this show, I see more that I like about this person than the coach I see on the ice and I count my blessings to have a wonderful guy like him in my life! :)

No comments: