Friday, June 23, 2006

Test Chair Frustation and Angst

The not so nice part of this trip: the Saturday that I was in NYC was the morning I was scheduled for a test session! I was supposed to have been signed up on June 3rd. The test chair didn't have room for the June 3rd test session and automatically put me on a newly created June 10th test session and DID NOT TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! Didn't ask me if I wanted the test session even. And he threatened to forfeit my test fee if I didn't make the test session then. I had to sic my coaches (and one of the coaches sic the club prez on the test chair.)

To add insult to injury, the guy STILL did NOT make a copy of my test forms from my test last October so I could see what I have to do with improve AND give a copy to both my coaches so they would also have a list of things to work on with them to improve! When I asked the test chair about it after not getting it for a month, his reply was "What do you want it for? Wallpaper!?!?!" in a very callous tone!!! I WANT to push to get this test chair pulled out... but it's possible that b/c of this that *I* would have to take over the post (which is NOT what I want either!!!) But what choice do I have left to get thru to the board that we need to get rid of this test chair? If it wasn't for the fact that I really need to pass a bunch of tests within the year, I would have considered going to another skating club and make sure the club prez knows my disappointment in what's going on in the testing process!!!

And yes, I'm FURIOUS just going thru this!!! This should have NEVER HAPPENED!!! If he had just asked me if I would take this test session before putting me on the list, it would have been a different story! But NOOOO!!! I had to hear about it THRU THE GRAPEVINE!!! (A client of my primary coach told me the news!!!) =:-O

I expect to be in the July 1st test session. If not, I will have another talk with my coaches and have them find out what's going on! Needless to say, I will push on both the club prez and whoever's the new VP is. I do NOT deserve this type of treatment!!! I never EVER provoked him to do this! If he thinks this is a justifiable way of treating the testers on his test sessions, he's gonna end up LOSING members in the skating club b/c of HIM!!! And THAT in itself will kick out this sorry excuse of a test chair!!!

ETA Update: I am NOT on the July 1st test session either! I have sent email to the test chair asking when am I schedule to test again. Just in case he raises issues about having to pay for my test fee, I have cc'ed the email to both my coaches PLUS our club prez, who is well aware of the issue, since he mentioned in an email that he would talk to this test chair with him.

Needless to say, I am QUITE frustrated with this test chair and the situation! I hope that our club prez can step in and settle the issue once and for all! I've been with this club for a long time and worked VERY HARD to pass this test... and I feel ready for it now!!!

ETA Update 2: BIG communication gap betwen test chair and me on when I was coming back to skate from my knee injury. It's been resolved and I'm on for the August test session! (I hope!!!)

No comments: