Monday, November 12, 2007

Bronze Debut at Skate San Francisco and catching up

It's long overdue for a post! :-)

I made my Adult Bronze Ladies debut just 3 days short of my 40th birthday!!! (EEEEK!!! Scary to admit that I'm that old!!!) It was a fun experience!!! I have two new programs (artistic and technical), two new skating dress and a LOT of makeup and hair spray. Double EEEEK!!! Along with travel cost to Lake Placid for Adult Nationals -- it's gonna cost me a fortune this year!!!) :-(

Anyway, it was a BLAST!!! I had a wonderful time competing with my fellow Adult Bronze Ladies skaters at both the technical and artistic event! It also helps that I would be competing with friends too!

Pictures: Technical Artistic
Video: Artistic

Part of the reason why it took me this long from when I passed my Bronze FS test to compete now is b/c I've been working on my jumps and spins. Since my last post, I have been landing both the loop and the flip jump clean about 50-50 times. My secondary coach has been reworking my entry to the flip so I wouldn't "toe turn" to get the rotation. (I still got the bruises from being on the harness last week b/c of this. OWWWW!!! I hope that no one thinks I'm being physically abused or something...LOL!!!) I tried out the entry this past Sunday and it's feeling better already. :-)

She also said my loops are pretty decent, but I gotta deal with my "brain freeze" on my entry to the loop at speed. I have yet to land that loop jump during my runthru on the program, but I can land them usually when I'm just doing it in isolation. Since the music is kinda fast, it seems to "rush" my brain for some reason.

I have a backsit to play around with now and trying to get lower. My camel is STILL non-existent since my free leg isn't high enough and my torso isn't low enough yet on the spin.

As for my primary coach, he's doing a quickie assessment of all my spins and jumps and seeing what needs to be worked on. Yes, my technical isn't strong at all for Bronze. I need to land those loop and flip jumps clean, get my lutz, sit lower on the backsit, get my camel...yadda yadda yadda.... (Translation: tell me something I don't already know...*rolleyes*)

So back to work! As my primary coach says whenever I say hello to friends at the rink on the ice at our Monday night public session: "Less talking, more skating..." *evil stare*

Other things:
Well, I had a blood test done back two summers ago b/c of a fall I took on the stairs a while back. Well, I'm glad to say it's not from a lack of iron or something weird in the blood. I think it's just plain heat exhuastion. (It was rather WARM that day!) BUT... my doctor did find a brand new problem... my cholestorol was borderline high. (203 and LDL was at 134!) Did everything I can to eliminate foods with high cholestorol (I miss my shellfish!!! :-( ) ... and now I'm under doctor and dietitian supervision to lose weight to see if that lowers my score a bit. Getting close to my goal of 123 lbs (from 139!!!) (I'm at 126lbs now!) I hope that cholestorol number will go down too!!!

No comments: