Thursday, May 26, 2005

Hello Maddah! Hello Faddah...

An online dialog I had between me and a fellow skating who's going to take an ice dance (Cha-cha) test next week. This dialog developed out of the "Word Association Game" Thread in the Non-Skating Section of the skating forum. The purpose of this thread was to post a word or short phrase that associates with the word that the last poster posted...

So we left it at: (word in bold is the word to associate.)

Oracle: camp
jazzpants (me): Granada ("Hello, Muddah! Hello Faddah...")
sk8r1964: Cha-cha (I'm testing that next week, and that's the music! I keep singing that in my head) 8O
jazzpants (me): ice dance (I have an idea for you to think about when you're nervous about testing the Cha-cha. Imagine coming into the test session with a "camp girl" outfit ... and totally freak out your coach by telling her that you're gonna go test in that outfit!!!)
sk8r1964: OMG! I almost died laughing! My coach is a guy (about 15 years younger than me), and he's taking me though my test. To imagine the look on his face if I appeared in that outfit... He'd be and looking to melt into the ice ! Sorry -- back to jazzpants' word.......ice dance

Okay. For those who aren't skaters... the joke behind this is partly that one dreadful thing about doing ice dancing is that you have to skate to corny music over and over again in order to demonstrate that you can "ice dance" in form and music to that particular dance. (It also drives everyone who skates regularly with you up the friggin' wall too!!!) In this case, sk8r1964 had to demonstrate in front of a panel of judges (i.e. test) that she can do Cha-cha ice dances to the Cha-cha version of the tune of "Camp Granada" is. (A bit of history and the lyric to "Camp Granada.") Skating tests are excruitingly nerve wrecking!!! So I suggested the idea of wearing a "camp girl's outfit" to test to ease the tension of testing the Cha-cha...

Evil gal, I am!!! *evil grin*

No comments: