Sunday, May 29, 2005

Now I know how Nancy Kerrigan feels...

Went to my weekend rink and had lots of (for the most part) nice empty ice to skate on! Everything was grand... until I had a collision with a young lady that was playing tag with someone and was going backwards (but not looking behind her...) I try to move around her and she ended up going EXACTLY where I was going to avoid her!!! She fell first... but I tripped over her and fell on top of her!!! NOT GOOD!!! I came off with a bruised left knee. Her, a bruised forehead on the right. OWWWW!!! My knee wasn't as bad as how much my heart dropped when I saw the young lady I collided with a nasty bruise on her forehead and majorly crying!!! (Those who know me well know I love kids and have strong "mommy/auntie" tendencies... Long story as to why I don't have my own kids...never mind writing it on a public blog...)

Lucky for both of us, after a brief rest and some ice (and I meant for icing the injury...eh, never mind...you know what I mean...) both of us were back in action!!! This is one case where it was better to "skate it off," because if I didn't I would lose the flexibility I need to walk (which requires some bend of the knee.) Probably the only thing I couldn't really do initially were backspins and toe loops. (Requiring deep knee bend on both for the LFI3.) But eventually I did both of those at the end of the session too! Speaking of FI3's, my RFI3's has improved a bit... then again, just being able to do them is improvement to me!!!

Of course, after I had dinner later tonight, I whacked the same knee again as I was getting out of the car. Car door decided to close by itself... right into the already injured left knee! (OWWWWW!!!) "WHY ME!?!?!?!"

I'm thinking of staying off the ice and the gym on Monday. I just don't want to push it. I want to save myself for my lesson on Wednesday. In fact, maybe I'll just stay in bed all day tomorrow. Don't wanna risk getting my knees hit by a stray door or wall or water cooler or...

No comments: