Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Loop Brain Fart

Okay, this is bad! I had a lesson today on my loop jump and my secondary coach claims that this is probably my second best jump (next to the waltz jump.)

Problem is... I don't believe it! My consistency for landing this jump clean has been about 50-50. It's pretty much a mental thing! Partly it's an energy thing. (i.e. I have to go into my lessons awake for one and we all know I'm NOT a morning person! LOL!!!) Partly it depends on whether or not my lower back is acting up again. But my biggest one is fear. If I go into it too quickly, my chances of making that jump is zip. I freak out. My secondary coach's response to this today is.... "Get over it!!!" (Figures!!! But a very true statement.)

I probably will not skate much this week (aside from hanging out with skating friends this weekend that are visiting. It will just be low stress and having a bit of fun.) But I need the rest!!! I need sleep badly!!!

Light at the end of the tunnel for another skill or two: Brackets are starting to come along. If I keep at it, my NYC coach will actually SEE brackets come Christmas time when I do finally see him again. And OH!!! My show stop is also coming along too! There's hope for my artistic program yet! I might actually LOOK like a show skater for once!!! LOL!!!

No comments: