Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Another reason to be thankful for my nutritionist!!!

I got my new cholesterol reading!

My old numbers as of 8/2/2006 (I was probably about 137-9 lbs at that time.)

Cholesterol: 203
Triglycerides: 99
HDL: 64
LDL: 134

For the last few months (about 3 months now), I've been on a diet of sorts... well, not a diet... I went to a nutritionist and we worked together a food plan that I can stick with. Anyway, THIS is my new cholesterol after I lost a ton of weight (about 13lbs according to my GP... I'm now at about 123-125lbs.) The blood test was done 11/15/2007. I got my results just yesterday! :-)

Cholesterol: 172
Triglycerides: 30
HDL: 63
LDL: 90

(Please pick up your jaw after yourself... ;-) )

My GP was quite surprised when he saw the numbers too... especially since he knows that he did NOT prescribe me ANY meds to deal with the cholesterol! Needless to say, he asked for my nutritionist's business card and he's gonna send his clients there. I had hoped for a drop in the numbers to avoid having to go to the next step to take the cholesterol meds. (I hate taking meds, PERIOD!!!) But I didn't expect THIS much of a drop!!!

I'm so thankful for my nutritionist! She gave me the tools that essentially made my life a LOT easier in the end. She's gonna be THRILLED when she sees the new numbers!!! :-) I look better than I did a couple of years ago and I'm not exactly a spring chicken either! I feel better too! Of course, I'm not gonna go and race against some kid in their mid-20's... (well, maybe I can if s/he's out of shape...) but I'll give them a run for their money.

No comments: