Wednesday, February 06, 2008

More LUTZ stories and that EVIL four letter word...

Okay, so I have a lesson with my secondary coach, who has never seen me do a clean lutz. I managed to land a couple of relatively cheated ones. She made a few "adjustements" and I've managed to land some good ones and know when I'm not going to land a good one...

She said that she's proud of me for landing those lutz! They were good lutzes!!! Then she says "Well...I guess we're gonna start working on [here comes that EVIL four letter word]...the axels pretty soon, huh?" *evil grin* Panic sets in!!! (And for the record, secondary coach knows I'm panicky about starting on the axel. Primary coach thinks I'm a big CHICKEN and therefore STILL not ready to start on the axels yet.)

Though it's a nice realization that I've finally reached the point where I start working on that infamous axel jump an certain amount of dread starts getting me nervous. AND, of course, reading about Braden Overett's very nasty fall on his 3axel and the "recovering period" didn't help me in the confidence dept. either. I mean the only thing he has in his favor is that 1) he's young, 2) he's young, and 3) he's a well trained athlete. His waxel fall was a very common problem amongst skaters that are doing the axel and those falls from what I've hear are PAINFUL!!! And to make it EVILLE too... I don't know if this time I am allowed butt gel pads to work on this jump, b/c she doesn't believe in "coddling a student skater." I do know that I will be on the harness too.

Wish me luck... meanwhile I made sure my life insurance is paid up & all.

Crashing in bed... lack of sleep this morning! ZZZZZzzzzzzz....

No comments: