Saturday, February 02, 2008

Weight Loss/Maintanace Status: 2/2/2008

I had another visit to my dietitian. The maintenance is going well!

I've gained one pound from last month's but I didn't do a fat analysis since December b/c I went off my diet for Christmas. So my comparison is from early Dec. 2007. But my body fat % DROPPED! So apparently my weight gain is MUSCLE, not fat!!! (I was worried that I actually lost too much weight b/c my "old tighter" clothes are loose on me and my wedding band is practically falling off my ring finger. May have to resize the ring again...)

Here's the stat as of this afternoon:

2/2/2008
Weight: 122.2 lbs
BMI: 21.3
Fat %: 23.4%

Total Fat Mass: 28.61 lb (12/1/2007: 33.61 lb)
Muscle Mass: 93.61 lb (12/1/2007: 87.61 lb) <== I've gained 6 lbs of MUSCLES!!! :-D

And I am proud to say that my husband also has been losing weight and pretty much saved himself from being the next heart attack victim!!! Back about 6 months ago... he was walking on the treadmill for not more than 5 minutes before he gets this really bad back pain and would demand to go home or to eat at some place where he would NOT have to do much walking from the car to the restaurant. (And mind you, he's NOT walking very fast. I think he was going about 2.5 mph with no incline in fact.) These days, he's walking about 20-30 minutes. Still at 2.5 mph and no incline, but he's going a LOT longer than before! His shirt size also went from an XXL to an XL too!!!

Most important is that his MOTHER noticed the weight loss! This is good, b/c it shows her that I'm trying to take good care of her little boy. I won't have to deal with comment from her such as "Why aren't you taking good care of my son? He's WAAAAY overweight!!! You have to nag him some more to lose weight." (Ummm... he's a 43 year old grown man and CAN take care of himself??? Besides, nagging him would not work in this case. He had to want it for himself!!!)

No comments: