Monday, January 21, 2008

Why you should NEVER tailgate a car...

Yesterday around 12:06pm, I was driving on Hwy 92 heading for Hwy 880 to a friend's home for a girls' day out. A HUGE truck right in front of me (about two car lengths) somehow blew its tires and ended up in a spin out right into a car either in front and/or to the right of him. Lucky for me, we were both in land 3 and there were no cars within 5 car lengths in lane 2, so I managed to quick switch to lane 2 and went right around the cars, avoiding a head on accident with them!!! =:-O Of course, the rest of the trip to my friends' home was quite nerve-wrecking.

I'm thankful that lane 2 was clear, that I do not tailgate and therefore had enough time to react by switching over to lane 2, and that I had very quick reflexes!!! Otherwise, I would not be writing to you in the comforts of my home. I would be in a hospital right now fighting for my life! I may not even be alive by now!!!

The moral of the story is... do NOT tailgate your drivers!!! There is a reason why the driving instructors always harp on you to keep 2 car lengths from the car in front of you!!!

No comments: