Saturday, January 19, 2008

Random thoughts as I'm working out at the gym this Friday...

On the elliptical trainer:
  • "Geez, its' taking me longer to warm up! Turning 40 is THAT bad!?!?! =:-O" (at the 5 minute mark)
  • "Geez, it's nowhere near the target heart rate!!!" (At the 34:07 mark and I'm aiming for 155-156 bpm on the heart rate and I'm at 148 bpm...nowhere near there.)
On the bench:
  • "Macho, macho MAN!!! I want to be a macho man..." (from the Village People. Yes, this is on my iPod when I do exercises that reminds me of all the macho men out there on the gym floor pumping away at the weights.)

As I'm doing my tougher exercises:

  • "Risin' up... straight to the top. Had the guts, got the glory..." (iPod again... it's from "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. If you have watched the old Rocky movie w/Sly Stallone, you'll see him boxing in the ring with his trainer, jumping rope, drinking a raw egg, etc.... all that to prepare for the ring and the big fight. This makes me feel like Rocky preparing for my big fight.)
As I'm leaving the gym....
  • "Oh, geez! Now I'm really feeling my age!!!" (as I'm realizing how tired I am after the workout and this workout I had today is "my LIGHT workout day.")

And yes, as you can imagine, there's a lot of "macho men" exercise music in my iPod. (Music from the Rocky movies seems to help me.) I find it funny when I am getting in my "macho man mode" to exercise b/c I obviously don't look ANYTHING like a macho man. (In fact, I find it to be downright funny to play the part of a macho man pumping.) But... whatever works to get me thru the workout!!! LOL!!!

No comments: