Saturday, April 09, 2005

Getting close to Adults Nationals

...and I'm not going!!! :( I am STILL struggling to pass my Bronze Moves test this year. I've worked very hard for the last 3 years to pass just this one test. I did take this test back in August but I was nowhere near ready. This year I'm a bit closer to being ready, but I'm going thru some rough patches on a couple of the moves.

Right now:

Forward alt. crossovers - It's the strongest of the moves! I think I'll pass with this move, but it's still not perfect yet. I sense at least one of the judges will ding me on the quality of the crossovers.

Back alt. crossovers - Have trouble with staying on the BI edge when I step out and letting the edge ride around. And we are NOT going to talke about those back crossovers around the ends of the rink... *rolleyes*

Forward power 3's - getting much better. I think if I could get more power on my weaker LFO3 and keep going on my RFO3 side, this move may become the second move where I'll score higher than average.

Back crossover to BO edge - It's hit and miss! When it's good, it's very VERY good! But when it's bad... well, it TOTALLY SUCKS!!! AUGH!!!

5 step mohawk. The first step is consistently crappy. The 4th and 5 step is dicey b/c I have to be careful not to let it go on a flat. I've had good and bad days on this.

But WAIT!!! Even if I pass the Bronze moves, there's also the Bronze FS to take care of before I can go to AN 2006 in Dallas. Meanwhile I'm keep practicing as eveyrone else is in Kansas City... and hope that by this time next year, I will be on a plane to go to Dallas to compete. :)

1 comment:

cecealias said...

I love your new blog!! much better than Livejournal!! Now I don't have to login! :p