Thursday, June 09, 2005

Good luck to my primary coach...

No lesson today with my primary coach, Jay! He is currently preparing for his competition in Oberstdorf, Germany at the International Adult Figure Skating Competition this weekend. This competition is dubbed the very first "Adults World" competition. Of course, we also have the Mountain Cup competition in Villard -de-Lans, France every year, but it's not officially sanctioned (that I know of) by the ISU. Skaters ALL over the world are going to be at this competition, including my good (online) skating buddy, Annabel Smyth! (Go, Annabel!!!)

Gay Games in Montreal, Canada is also coming up! Seems just like yesterday that I watched the videos for the Gay Games 2002. The guys at the rink are bugging me to sign up for this event. Of course, the only comment I could come up with was "Ummm...er, but I'm straight? I don't have to be gay to be in the Gay Games?" (Answer is "No you can compete even if you're straight.") And of course, there's the Winter Games in Turin... (But I'm saving up for Adults Nationals 2006 in Dallas!)

In any case, GO JAY!!! Go kick some ice butts out there!!!

No comments: