Saturday, June 11, 2005

Looks like Jay is having fun...

... at the ISU Adult Open Competition... Can't wait to get the results!!! :) (Scroll down to bottom of page on link to see a picture of Jay. He's the one with the loud leopard spot green shirt!!!) *rolleyes* :-P

Edited to Add: Looks like his overall skating is great but his jumps are lousy. :-(

Take a gander at the score for his event (using the fairly new "Code of Point" system.) It's pretty interesting to watch to see that everyone's overall skating is pretty similar. (Jay is about the same if not better overall than Burton Powley. See all but the Performance/Execution score, then look at the Performance/Execution and the Total Element and Segment score, and you'll see that his "technical difficulty" wasn't as high as everyone else. I think he took some falls... which is possible given what I saw in his practice. The judges detail notes also tells me the same too!!!

Given what I've heard about Burton Powley and his skating (and seeing the scores...) I think it's time he moves up to compete as a Masters Men skater! I think his skating is good enough to challenge most of the Master's men.

No comments: