Thursday, March 03, 2005

Starting new job... and new blog!!!

For those who don't know the story (or me...) I had just been laid off with a few engineers at a company in Sunnyvale the day I came back from Christmas vacation. My (now ex-) boss was laid off the week after. My ex-boss and I occasionally keep in touch (we were very close friends when we were working together), but he's now busy with his new job as a founder of a startup company that he joined with a bunch of his old friends, his life in the sci-fi world and other interests. And I have my life as a figure skater.

And as of Monday, I'll start a new job in San Bruno as a software QA engineer and concentrating mainly on passing the USFSA Adult Bronze Moves and Freestyle test this year so I would be eligible for Adults Nationals in 2006. I'm now also looking into music for my artistic program for October's Skate SF competition. I have two wonderful skating coaches (one primary and one secondary) who gets paid for kickin' my a## on the ice and lots of skating friends. :-P

Anyway... getting to some interesting observations...

During the time I've been unemployed, I've been skating at Yerba Buena Ice Skating Center to take advantage of the emptier afternoon public sessions. I usually park on the streets across from the rink to save some money. Sometimes I get lucky and park on the 2 hours parking spots so I could skate for an extra hour without having to move my car. One section of the 2 hour parking spots is right in front of an office building where there's a bunch of people working on computers. One day, there's this blond young guy sitting at the corner window seat who watched me parallel park into this space and I barely managed to make it into the spot. He was still watching when I turned off the engine and got out of the car, so I waved hello to him and he waved back.

Since then, whenever I see him, I wave hello to him and he waves back, smiling, but we never gone beyond that. Sadly, since my hours are going to be pretty much the same time as when I'm working, I may not see him as often (if at all in fact...) I'm hoping that I can work out my schedule so that he's about to leave his work at the same time that I'm going to skate. (I think he leaves somewhere between 6:30-7pm...closer to 7 when he's on a crunch...)

So... my goal is that I find out what his name is and he knows mine. My friend "Clari Clyde" knows about this... and suggests that I write on a notepad in big letter to ask for his phone number so I can call him from my cell and introduce myself to him thru the glass. Of course, she wants me to do this when she's with me at the rink, so she could see for herself what's going on. One problem... I think "window blond guy" is on vacation this week! I haven't seen him this week and this is my last week before I start the new job!!! So I probably will do this on the following Monday night. Hopefully then, he'll be back at his desk, so I can pull my stunt of introducing myself to him.

And if in case you are the "window blond guy" and you're reading this, please reply to this blog with your name and an email address where I can reach you. :)

No comments: