Saturday, July 30, 2005

Figure skater's car repair...

Was driving to the gas station earlier to put more oil into my car before heading to my weekend rink. Drove halfway to the weekend rink and I started smelling gas. I pulled over and ACK!!! My oil cap is gone and oil is spraying all over the engine!!! I called up my Honda shop to find out if they has gas cap for my old car. Thankfully, they did!!! But, the station is at least 5 miles!!! I need a stop gap oil cap until I get there!

No problem!!! I used the towel that I usually wipe my skating blades with as a stop gap oil cap and drove to the Honda shop. Bought the cap and put the thing on! All is resolved!

Now to figure out how to get the oil off my skating blade cloth... I hope there's enough bleach on that towel... or hubby's whites are in for a rude awakening... :-P (He grabbed my towel and threw them in with HIS whites and dumped a load of bleach in there...)

I told a skating buddy about my stop gap oil cap. She just cracks up and says "Only a skater would do that!!!" I guess that true... :-P

My one frustration: I still need my ice time, DAMMIT!!! :-( (I was planning to go to my pilates session afterwards, so I can't go now.) I guess I'll have to go sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. *sigh*

UPDATE 1: For those who were worried about my safety and thought I was NUTS for putting in the towel as a stop gap oil cap...

http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?p=236392#post236392

UPDATE 2: The towel needs another wash to get all the black stains out. (It's now kinda grey-ish rather than all black...)

No comments: