Sunday, July 17, 2005

Recovering...slowly coming back online...

The swelling from my left cheek has pretty much gone down and I'm almost back to normal again. The left HIP is totally bruised up in black and purple... It's not a pretty sight, lemme tell 'ya... :-(

I went back to skate on Sat. at my weekend rink. I've been noticing that I'm playing it more cautiously on Sat. as opposed to today, mostly b/c there were a lot of kids and I didn't want to crash into them. The bad part is that I could just let myself go and skate as fast as I possibly can, which is exactly what I need to practice for Bronze moves and my artistic program!!! The most I could do is to work out tough sections in small chunks and build up my skils so I can go do stuff at higher speeds.

The good news though is that when the crowd started going away towards the end of the public session today and I don't have as many people on the ice, I was able to do those Bronze moves with no problem. I feel the test date getting closer. I think I'm just about ready now though. (The test date I'm aim on is the Saturday of the Labor Day weekend.)

Bonus of the day is being able to do an attitude spin. They're not pretty or perfect, but I can do them now!!! :D

Even BIGGER BONUS: Having a couple of small kids asks if I was a "star" or something... Awwwwww!!! :-)

No comments: