Friday, June 17, 2005

A couple of recommendation for tea rooms

Time to put on my foodie hat!!!

My favorite one is this little place called LoveJoy's Tea Room in the Noe Valley district of San Francisco. I've been going thru since it was at his old locale at 24th St. and Church! It has since moved down the block to Clipper and Church, but the tea and food is still the same!!! This is probably the closest I've seen to British High Tea here in SF. Very feminine and relaxing environment. I know that a couple of my women friends wanted to do their bridal showers at that location...

However, I would also like to recommend another place for tea for the MEN who appreciates tea but not the frilly feminine feel of LoveJoy -- Samovar Tea Lounge over at 18th St. and Sanchez in the Castro district (also in San Francisco.) British High Tea, it ain't!!! The feel is more woodsy and Asian! It also has a lot more choices for the type of tea you could try too. It does have less choices for sandwiches but makes up for it in other foods offered. Best part (especially for your computer geeks out there...) -- WIFI HOTSPOTS!!! (I see lots of guys sitting with their tea with their laptops!!!) And it's open a lot later than LoveJoy's too! Very relaxing environment!!!

No comments: