Monday, June 27, 2005

Fire & Ice, Part Deux; Bronze Moves progress

The show is coming along pretty well so far in our third week of learning our ensemble routine!!! I hope my skating will do justice for this show. There are 15,000 flyers for Fire & Ice that got distributed to the public doing the Gay Pride weekend. I hope we'll get a full house and raise TONS of $$$ for charity. :) Other than that, it's quite fun doing the group number!!! (Of course, some women had more fun than me. They get to do pair lifts!!!)

Of course, my lower back doesn't think it's fun doing this program... and it was hurtin' after skating the public session Should have gotten off about 15 minute before the end of the session but I really wanted to get a tip on backspins from a fellow skating buddy of mine.

I worked primarily on two things: 1) Bronze Moves and 2) footwork and Chinese spirals for my artistic program! Bronze Moves is doing pretty well. My weak move is getting faster and it's looking quite nice. Hopefully I could get my secondary coach to look at it before I do the test, but I think I'll have to rely on Jay for this Moves test. (He hasn't steered me wrong. Then again, he did make me do the test last year knowing that I would fail it, so...) :(

The footwork for the artistic program is still not quite there yet. I'm still hesitating slightly on a couple of footwork steps and totally bailed entering RFI3 from the speed I'm supposed to go into a Chinese spiral from (though I can do them now at slightly slower speeds.) I skated pretty fast tonight, but it was hard to push for quicker speed when there's at least 30 skaters on the ice with you... EEEEK!!!

Time to hit the showers!!! :-D

No comments: