Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The move to "Bronze"... so far so good!

It's looking good as of last Thursday's lesson with my primary. I still had a couple of "gotchas" but for the most part, he's nodding his head and saying that it's looking better and better each week. He's very optimistic about my testing in Sept. In fact, he's showing his confidence by making me do spins in the reminding 5-10 minutes of the lesson.

Here are my current status for Bronze Moves:

Forward Power 3's: I still occasionally fall back to the bad habit of steping and then turning my foot onto the FO edge for the FO3, but I'm doing them a lot less now. LFO3 are still kinda slow but getting faster each week. Of course, knowing my secondary coach, she's not gonna be happy with it b/c it's not fast enough for her. (She wants to see LOTS of speed! You should be zipping along...) Primary coach says that he has seen one of his students pass Bronze Moves with LFO3 slower than my LFO3... and my RFO3 is my STRONGER side. (RFO3 is this particular student's weaker side.)

5 step mohawk: Occasionally I'm clunking the FI mohawks. I'm not wide stepping as much now, if at all... but it's still not a perfect FI mohawk. Otherwise, he's happy...

Everything else is pretty much steady, with the forward perimeter crossovers essentially the move that has to be extra strong in case one of the other moves on the test is weak. But I better build everything else too so that doesn't happen though.

Now the problem... I have not been working on jumps in a LOOOONG time!!! My loops and flips are now consistently on two foot landing status. And here he is working on my backspins and not my jumps. I guess he's particularly nervous about them since currently it does spin more than 5 revs (and probably more if I wanted it to)... but I'm not crossing the leg and making it look like I staying on the BO edge. (Occasionally it rocks back and forth between the BO & BI edge!) So...I trust that he has a reason for his madness. But even with those spins, he thinks I'll have a good chance passing with those backspins. (He reminded me that he has seen people passed Bronze FS with backspins a lot worse than mine.) My worries now is my "third single jump" for the test. All the other requirements for Bronze FS I could do almost in my sleep...

We'll see... this will be a close one.

No comments: