Saturday, March 05, 2005

Feeling my age...

I'm taking a day off from skating and working out at the gym and just letting my body heal itself. And as soon as I start relaxing, I can feel the effects of my age coming. The carpal tunnel is still there. My lower back from my sciatica is still there. And I just don't have the energy that I once had. I still remember back when I was 31-32 at the time I was bragging that I can keep up or even beat out most college age kids physically. I can't do that now! Running is out because of the sciatica. Heck, even speed walking on the treadmill is out now too! The only cardio thing I could do that doesn't impact my lower back is the elliptical trainer and well, skating laps around the rink. :) And I'm starting to worry now about closing in on the big 4-0!!! EEEEK!!!

Push-ups? I could only do about 10-15 on the floor now. I used to be able to do 40 of those on the floor!!! And by push-up I meant the standard version and not the modified version for women to do. (My former voice coach was a witness to that.) Too much mousing cost me my push up shoulders. :(

I hope I can find the warranty for my body. Maybe I could trade in for a newer one? :-P

No comments: