Thursday, March 03, 2005

Introduced myself to "blond window guy"

My friend "Clari Clyde" dared me to introduce myself, but I couldn't just go to him and introduce myself because he's at a window and I'm on the other side of the window. The only way I could do this is to gave him my cell number to call me and he called from his desk phone. So I took one of my notebook and put out a sign saying "Call me and introduce yourself" and gave my cell number. It was initially a humilating experience but "Clari Clyde" wouldn't let me off the hook on it.

I got his name and he sounds like a very nice guy! :-) Clari wanted to take a picture of this pinata thing in the office that looks like a cross between Elmo and The Cookie Monster. He mentioned that it's this thing that one of his coworkers picked up and it's their company mascot.

I did give him my email address as well and an invite to join me at the rink on Mondays. Probably should have also mentioned Wednesday nights sessions too since I'm now planning to be there to play "Auntie Jazzpants" to some of my Tremors (our synchronized skating team) friends. But based on the email I got from him, I'm not sure he wants to come because I'm not sure if he took my inviting him to skate as possibly "inviting him out on a date" and he has a girlfriend and all. (Which was not the intention. I did it to be social and the ice is where I'm the best being social.) I emailed him back to tell him "No worries! When you have time and want to come, the public session is from 7:30-9pm. Say hello to me if you do decide to show up there! And if you don't know how to skate, I'll help you out!"

So, I'll leave things at waving at him via his work window for now. But he has an open invite to ice skate with me when he wishes to.

No comments: